The Foster Hope Scholarship allows Milwaukee County children who are in an out-of-home care placement or who have been recently reunified, the opportunity to engage in extracurricular activities or experiences that they would not otherwise be able to take part in.
Eligibility criteria (all criteria must be met):
- Milwaukee County child under the supervision of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Community Services or SaintA Out-of-Home-Care, regardless of placement, OR Milwaukee County child reunified within the last six months (up to one year)
- Able to participate in activities in accordance with Prudent Parenting Standards and based on cognitive, emotional, physical, and behavioral capacities
Financial support can be requested to cover costs associated with, but not limited to, things such as:
- Lessons or equipment for music, sports, dance, etc.
- Summer camp
- Education support like tutoring or Driver’s Education classes
- Other recreational/extracurricular activities or experiences
How to Apply
- Ongoing Case Managers may make a referral for any child who meets eligibility criteria.
- Foster parents and caregivers can also initiate the process for an eligible child by completing the referral request form and having the child’s Ongoing Case Manager submit the referral to the Coalition for Children, Youth, and Families. Any referrals received from someone other than the child’s Ongoing Case Manager may be delayed pending verification of eligibility criteria.
- The scholarship sponsor, The Ridge Community Church, will review requests and make the approval decision.
If you have further questions about the process contact the Coalition for Children, Youth & Families at 414-475-1246 or send an email to email@example.com.